Shenyang Shengjie Candle Company Ltd
News
Home > News > Content

The cultural Tradition of Pillar Candle

Shenyang Shengjie Candle Company Ltd | Updated: Jun 06, 2017
Source:

A pillar candle is a daily lighting tool made of paraffin wax that burns brightly. In addition, candles in birthday parties, religious festivals, collective mourning, funerals and other activities also have important uses. In literary and artistic works, candles have the symbolic meaning of sacrifice and devotion. Burning themselves, illuminating others, even to ashes, but also to emit their own light, refers to the very dedication of the people, willing to sacrifice themselves, and for the sake of others, and the meaning of the spring silkworm similar. This is a metaphor for a good teacher. Of course, there is a kind of flame is dragging in my tears swaying, flames people see your light, praise my selfless. I was burned, I was suffering, in fact, I really want to selfish, helpless. Until I die to ashes. The silkworms spit out the sorrows of the silk in order to evolve, and I was ignited to be burned and praised to be contributed. Life is also a lot of contributions. Like a candle in ashes is dust.

Pillar Candle-Overview

The pillar candle originate from the torches of the primeval times. The primitive man put a type of fat or wax on the bark or wood and tied it together to make a torch for lighting. The wax that appeared about 3rd century BC may have been the rudiment of candles seen today. In the west, for a period of time, the monasteries were beekeeping, used to make honey wax, mainly because the Catholic Church thought that honey wax was a symbol of virgin conception, so the wax was treated as a pure light, enshrined in the altar. From the extant literature, the time of honey wax in China is roughly the same as that in the West, Japan is in the Nara era (710-784 years) from China to this kind of candle, compared with modern candles, ancient candles have a lot of shortcomings.

Pillar Candle-Experimental results

After a lot of experiments, he first discovered the fact that in all fats, regardless of their origin, the content of fatty acids accounted for 95%, and the remaining 5% were glycerol produced during saponification. Through his studies he clarified the nature of the saponification process, and he also had a major discovery: A pillar candle made of grease, with glycerin in it, a flame with smoke and an unpleasant odor. If you use stearic acid to make a candle, burning not only bright flame, and almost no black smoke, does not pollute the air. Chevreux told Guey-lu-Sac about his findings and suggested that the two people should work together to find out how to solve the problem. They use a strong base to soap the grease, and then the resulting soap with hydrochloric acid decomposition, take out stearic acid. It's a white substance, with a greasy feel in hand, and a candle made of it with a soft texture and a cheaper price. In 1825, Chevreux and Gai Lussac obtained a patent for the production of paraffin wax candles. The advent of wax-hard tallow candles has created a new era in the history of human illumination. Later, a large oil field was discovered in North America, so a large amount of paraffin wax could be extracted from oil, and the ideal pillar candle was popularized and popularized all over the world.


Shenyang Shengjie Candle Company Ltd